Kensington Close Hotel is part of the Cola Hotels Group, and is located in central London, England.
Previously, the hotel had low grade broadband connectivity, a poor wireless system and a traditional phone system. They planned to have a huge refurbishment adding more than 300 bedrooms. They needed to upgrade their entertainment and wireless offer to reflect their 4 star status.
The existing network was flat with no core and had only standard network switches with no management.
SysGroup proposed mapping the existing infrastructure and planning a new one to be laid down until switchover. The new network would have:
- HP core with 2x HP5400 switches and 70 fibre runs
- 70 HP2600 access switches and 200 HP wireless access points
- A pair of WatchGuard 5 series firewalls for complete availability
The hotel now has:
- Premium guest Wi-Fi access
- A VoIP telephone system and IP televisions in all rooms
- Corporate conferencing for their customers with high bandwidth services up to 100Mbps per second.
- The work SysGroup implemented has led to an additional £20,000 plus a month in revenue.